[chirp_users] How to save/upload after sorting the CHIRP rows?

Jim Unroe rock.unroe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:47:39 PDT 2016

I can't think of a good reason why you would would CHIRP to come up in
any order other then the order that the channels are in the radio.
What I believe that you are wanting is to put the sorted order in the
channel order and that is very easy to do.

Download from the radio (or load a saved image file) twice.

> A user with dozens of repeaters might want them to be programmed into the radio sorted by repeater Name for easy location (clockwise rotation of the ‘channel' knob steps through alphabetically).

Click the Name header of the first tab to sort the column by Name.
Click the first memory row with a name to highlight it.
Shift-click the last memory row with a name to highlight the rest
Right-click any highlighted memory row and choose Copy
Right-click the first memory row in the second tab and choose Paste

> Or someone with a dual-band, or tri-band radio might want them sorted by frequency so that the bands are separated into memory blocks.

Repeat the above sorted by the Frequency column

> Or someone might want to group all of the entries by Duplex to separate out repeaters from simplex frequencies.

Repeat the above sorted by the Duplex column

Jim KC9HI