[chirp_users] CHIRP channel details will not save in certain instances (UV5R data)

Jim Unroe
Sat Mar 26 13:43:55 PDT 2016

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:35 PM, Bruce Hinton
<asdc.enterprises at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I had been trying to alter my channel list, (spreadsheet?).
>
> Mine is set up with large gaps to be filled in later, not sure if this
> matters.  I found a frequency to which I wanted to add tone SQ, and as
> soon as I saved it and called it back up, the change was gone.  Radio
> itself was not involved at all.
>
> I finally deleted it and made a new entry up near the top of my list,
> and it saved properly.
>
> I cannot find any "lock" feature that would apply for the spreadsheet
> table, that could be unlocked.  The radios won't keep a change on a
> programmed channel, but that is by design.
>
> Any idea why it would not save a tone frequency?
>
> Bruce Hinton

When using Windows, once you click to choose a setting in the popup
list, you must press enter or click on another cell to make it
permanent. If you skip this step it choice will not "stick" and it
will return back to the previous value when the spreadsheet is
refreshed. This extra step is not required for Linux or Mac.

Another way to guarantee that our choice "sticks" is to highlight the
memory row that you want to edit and click the [Properties] button.
Make the desired changes and click the [OK] button.