[chirp_users] How to save/upload after sorting the CHIRP rows?

Jim Unroe
Wed Mar 23 08:28:36 PDT 2016

>> No. You can't program a Baofeng radios with a CSV. You have to
>>
>> Download from the radio (or load a saved image file) twice. And then

.> import the CSV twice.

> Sorry, but I have to disagree.

You can't upload a CSV into a Baofeng radio and you proved it below.

> I just went to the RepeaterBook website and did a query (all 2m repeaters in
> VA), exporting the results to a CHIRP CSV file.
> I started CHIRP.
> I opened the CSV file twice (two tabs).
> I sorted by Name in one of the tabs.
> I copied and pasted the sorted one to the other.  Sorting stuck (thanks to
> your tip).
> I saved that file.
> I then brought up my BaoFeng image file and pasted from the CSV into that.

Right here ^^^^. You brought up a Faofeng image because you cannot
directly program a Baofeng with a CSV file. You must have a compatible
image loaded in CHIRP and then import the CSV into it. Then you can
upload the image into your radio. And that is what I said.