[chirp_users] How to save/upload after sorting the CHIRP rows?

Fred Maxwell
Wed Mar 23 06:03:48 PDT 2016

On Mar 23, 2016, at 8:47 AM, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't think of a good reason why you would would CHIRP to come up in
> any order other then the order that the channels are in the radio.

It’s not a matter of wanting it to come up in some other order.  It’s wanting to be able to use CHIRP’s sorting features to let you re-order entries prior to programming the radio.

> What I believe that you are wanting is to put the sorted order in the
> channel order and that is very easy to do.
>
> Download from the radio (or load a saved image file) twice.

Or load two copies of a new CSV file that’s never been used to program a radio, I assume.

>> A user with dozens of repeaters might want them to be programmed into the radio sorted by repeater Name for easy location (clockwise rotation of the ‘channel' knob steps through alphabetically).
>
> Click the Name header of the first tab to sort the column by Name.
> Click the first memory row with a name to highlight it.
> Shift-click the last memory row with a name to highlight the rest
> Right-click any highlighted memory row and choose Copy
> Right-click the first memory row in the second tab and choose Paste

So the location, although highlighted, doesn’t get copied.  I did not know that and I’m sure that others did not either.

Thank you.  That was very helpful.

Regards,
  Fred
  KM4QLB