[chirp_users] How to save/upload after sorting the CHIRP rows?

Fred Maxwell
Wed Mar 23 04:52:02 PDT 2016

> On Mar 23, 2016, at 6:09 AM, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 7:04 PM, Knight, Dave <diemkae at gmail.com> wrote:
>> After clicking on a column heading to sort the chirp entries, the new sort
>> order is lost on upload or save.
>>
>> Please advise how I can save/upload sorted rows.
>
> Which column are you sorting by? What would be the reason that you
> what the channel rows not to be in the same order that they are in the
> radio?

What I believe that Dave wants is the ability to lock the memory location column order and sort everything else so as to reorder how the channels that  will be programmed into the radio. I’ll join in saying that would be a good feature.

A user with dozens of repeaters might want them to be programmed into the radio sorted by repeater Name for easy location (clockwise rotation of the ‘channel' knob steps through alphabetically).  Or someone with a dual-band, or tri-band radio might want them sorted by frequency so that the bands are separated into memory blocks.  Or someone might want to group all of the entries by Duplex to separate out repeaters from simplex frequencies.

In my case, I sort by distance from my home — the higher the memory location number, the further from my home base station (and CHIRP does not support RepeaterBook queries by proximity; issue 3261).  That forces me into a tedious off-line process involving two RepeaterBook queries, one in CHIRP format CSV and one in native RepeaterBook CSV, and then going through contortions in a spreadsheet.  I won’t go into detail and turn this into a threadjacking, but it’s another example of how one might want to sort.

Hope that was of some assistance in explaining what was wanted.  (Dave, if I screwed anything up, please let me know.)

Regards,
  Fred
  KM4QLB