[chirp_users] How to save/upload after sorting the CHIRP rows?

Jardy Dawson
Tue Mar 22 20:35:38 PDT 2016

Can't you print by exporting a csv to Excel and print that?
Jardy Dawson
WA7JRD Ham Radio

Sent by hurling dead pigeons over the wall by trebuchet.

      From: "Knight, Dave" <diemkae at gmail.com>
 To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 5:07 PM
 Subject: Re: [chirp_users] How to save/upload after sorting the CHIRP rows?

I thought as much, based on the unhelpful response I got to my last query: "how can I print the entire list of entries" ... "Nope, can't do that.  Just do a screen print."  Which is just a pain, I suppose, unless you've got more than one screen of entries, then it's a ROYAL PITA!

Regarding save/upload of re-sorted rows, I devised a similar "creative workaround":

   1 - export the .img to a .csv
   2 - sort by frequency & renumber the rows wit a simple shell script (attached) and save the output in another .csv file
   3 - import the new .csv file

To sort by a column other then frequency (column number 3), replace the 3s in -kn3,3 in the sort command with the column number by which you want to sort.  This may be easier for Linux users that the spreadsheet approach.  It would also work in a CYGWIN terminal under windows.

Would it be fair to conclude that requests for new features like a built-in print capability and a save/upload sorted capability are unlikely to be implemented?

Thanks,
Dave Knight, K2COE