[chirp_users] How to save/upload after sorting the CHIRP rows?

Knight, Dave
Tue Mar 22 17:38:38 PDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 8:27 PM, John LaMartina <JohnLa at usa.net> wrote:

> Sorting by column only impacts the way the data is viewed on your screen.
> This is used to help visually identify duplicates, missing channels, etc.
> The channel number to the left follows the entry.

Obviously...

An option to renumber the channel column would solve this problem.

> The actually change the positioning, you will need to left click on a
> channel and walk it up or down the data sheet.

You're kidding right?   Have you actually tried this ... with 28 channels?
That is even more tedious than hand sorting 3x5 index cards  ;-)

Thanks, but I'll stick with my export/sort+renumber script/import approach
for now.

Dave

> John
> http://www.miklor.com

The "Safe in Church" deception: believing that calling some building a
"sanctuary" will magically deter criminal violence is a dangerous delusion!

The "Gun-Free Zone" deception: believing that a "No Guns" policy or sign
will deter criminal violence is "magical thinking" in its most dangerous
form!

In your time of need, may your piece be with you!