[chirp_users] BAOFENG UV-5Rs acting strange when programming with Chirp

John Randle
Wed Mar 16 19:03:26 PDT 2016

For what it is worth, I think I have isolated the second problem to a
"defective" USB cable.  While the "defective"cable requires the older
driver (as do my other two "non-defective" cables) and does a download
and upload without issues, this is the only cable that then causes the
radio to go into transmit after uploading a configuration file ...
followed by the normal power off/power on of the radio. Disconnecting
the cable immediately after the power off seems to preclude the
erroneous transmit indication.
The first problem is still a puzzler.  While the workaround of resetting
the fields is acceptable, I am still curious as to why/how this was
suddenly manifested as my UV5Rs are several years old.
--
John
73's de K9RSQ