[chirp_users] Daily Build

Jim Unroe
Mon Mar 7 14:54:00 PST 2016

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Jon G <jgoods19 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a BF-F8HP handheld.
>
> I downloaded Chirp back last winter some time. The version I have works
> fine. Is there any good reason that I should update to the current
> version.....If it ain't broke don't fix it??
>
> Thx
> --
> Dr. Jonathan Goodson

Jonathan,

Probably not. There hasn't been much development activity that would
directly affect Baofeng radios. The following FAQ 1.3 (lifted from the
miklor.com website) is what I recommend.

1.3   How often should I update CHIRP
New CHIRP users should always start with the latest CHIRP daily build
available. Once you have a version of CHIRP working for your radio,
you do not need to keep updating to the Latest Daily Build.

You only need to upgrade to the latest daily build when...
1. a newer version fixes a bug that affects you
2. a newer version adds a feature that you want
3. you get a new radio that requires a new build for support
4. you plan on trying to share CHIRP Radio Images (*.img) between radios.

Otherwise, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.