[chirp_users] The tale of two Baofengs

John LaMartina
Sun Mar 6 20:51:30 PST 2016

Bob,
You can no longer determine the firmware version by pressing 3 during PowerOn.
For over a year now, all UV5R radios show ---297, even though the firmware may different.

My recommendation is to
-  Install the Latest Daily Build of CHIRP
-  Download from the new radio to create a blank template
-  Copy / Paste the channels from the older radio's CHIRP image to the new template
-  Upload the new template back to the newer radio

Refer to item (1.1) at http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php

Hope this helps.
John

http://www.miklor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2016 11:05 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] The tale of two Baofengs

2 Baofeng UV-5R one yellow one black.

Tried to clone them by turning on the source (yellow one) while holding down the "mon" key. The black one is connected and on.
Lights come on but black one stays in factory default.

I can read the yellow one no problems Firmware BFS297 Black one, Firmware BFB297, same cable same chirp same USB port I get, "Radio
refused to send block 0x0000"

I have programmed dozens of these beasties with no problem. I have programmed Wouxuns, Yaesus, Icoms, no problem but this one's got
be beat.

I'm using Linux Mint 17.3 so no driver problems.

Over to the Gurus, Thanks de VK2BYF Bob

-----
No virus found in this message.