[chirp_users] Yaesu Ft-8800

Benton
Fri Mar 4 19:55:57 PST 2016

On 2016-03-03 17:55, Todd Bloomingdale wrote:
> Anyone having issues of getting the radio to download from the radio.
> I have a brand new FTDI program cord and a brand new 8800. I have
> followed the sequence of getting the radio into clone mode, but I
> can't get chirp to communicate with the radio.
>
> Using Windows 10 Home
> FTDI programming cord (Drivers up to date) on COM1

How much did your FTDI cable cost?  (Any chance it's built with a
counterfeit FTDI part?)

FTDI is playing the same sort of games as Prolific, detecting fake parts
and declining to work with them.  Do NOT downgrade to the driver FTDI
circulated that re-writes the USB PID, bricking the part for most
people.  (There are utilities to re-re-write the PID, but they're beyond
the ken of many people.)  Does miklor.com have info and driver d/l for
FTDI?

Benton 4mar16
--
KF7QLP