[chirp_users] Yaesu Ft-8800

Jardy Dawson
Thu Mar 3 18:40:13 PST 2016

When the instructions tell you to hit the "set" button, it is the fastest press and release you can do. Give that a try. Check with device manager to make sure you are actually on comm port 1.

Jardy Dawson
WA7JRD Ham Radio

Sent by hurling dead pigeons over the wall by trebuchet.

      From: Todd Bloomingdale <tbloomingdale at gmail.com>
 To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
 Sent: Thursday, March 3, 2016 5:55 PM
 Subject: [chirp_users] Yaesu Ft-8800

Anyone having issues of getting the radio to download from the radio. I have a brand new FTDI program cord and a brand new 8800. I have followed the sequence of getting the radio into clone mode, but I can't get chirp to communicate with the radio.
Using Windows 10 HomeFTDI programming cord (Drivers up to date) on COM1
Todd Bloomingdale​-KC9LOX​Tomah, WI