[chirp_users] Changing Power Settings in Chirp csv file

Tom Hayward
Tue Jun 28 14:36:13 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Jon G <jgoods19 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the easiest way to make large changes, a whole column for example is
> to open the csv file in Excel, make the change to the column them save as
> the same csv file.
>
> Reopen in Chirp and viola!  Change is there.

I'm missing the context there. Is this a reply to something?

CSV files don't have a power column, because CSV files don't have a
transmitter. (Only radios with a power settings have a power column.)

If you want to batch change something in Chirp, select multiple lines
with shift-click. Right-click the selection and choose Properties.
Click the checkbox next to the column you want to batch change, then
enter the new value. Click okay and the change will be assigned to all
selected rows / memory channels. This is significantly fewer clicks
than launching Excel and filling the column.

Tom KD7LXL