[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R firmware upgrade?

Neil - EE
Fri Jun 3 05:05:14 PDT 2016

I have a new 5R, fw297. and i have a old listed bug on it that I thought was fixed. the chuntering noise from switching back to fm radio from a u/v freq.

it seems linked to changing the back light time in chirp, from 5secons to 15 seconds. putting back to 5s does not silence the chuff. only restoring a img backup does.

From: JohnLa at usa.net
To: stormy1777 at yahoo.com; chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 07:37:24 -0400
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R firmware upgrade?

Issues found in earlier models, such as band limits, incorrect DTMF pattern, Beep Bug, etc have been corrected.
Since then, major issues have not been detected.
If you purchase a relatively new radio, it should be bug free.

John
http://www.miklor.com  From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Stormy via chirp_users