[chirp_users] European characters in Windows user name

Tom Hayward
Sun Jul 24 13:57:32 PDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:
>> A command line option could solve it so
>> easily.
>
> Patches are welcome.
>
> The problem is, of course, not one of knowing whether we're on windows
> and doing something different, but the actual "something different"
> itself. Few of the chirp developers use windows and/or have non-ascii
> characters in their usernames.
>
> It takes someone interested in and capable of solving the problem. If
> that's you, please see this page:
>
> http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Developers

We had a similar problem when we received special characters in
RepeaterBook data. I fixed that by converting the string encoding.
Maybe something similar could be done with the home folder path
string.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/repository/revisions/07d6115431a4/diff

Tom KD7LXL