[chirp_users] Kenwood TK-762H

Pavel Milanes (CO7WT)
Fri Jul 22 09:44:07 PDT 2016

Hi Tim, sorry to hear about your heard issues.

Can you please confirms that the cable interface is working? (it looks
to me as a interface problem)

Also, your radios has the LCD backlight on?

There is a know issue with this radios about this: usually the kenwood
interface for this radios take power from the radio not from the PC, and
the power is taken from the same rail the LCD leds are powered.

For some reason with time (or a mic cable short) a medium power resistor
burn out in the main board and get the front panel without +12V, that
not a problem to the normal operation as it works on +5v, but the
backlight gone off and the programmer has no power to feed from and
always fails to operate.

Can you check that please?

73.

--