[chirp_users] Newly Released Radio Gets Same Day CHIRP Support

Jim Unroe
Wed Jul 13 16:08:21 PDT 2016

13-July-2016
- Baofeng Tech releases BTECH UV-50X3 tri-band mobile radio
- CHIRP daily build provides nearly full support for the UV-50X3

I wish to thank Baofeng Tech for supplying a pre-production radio
sample for use in the development of the CHIRP driver. I spent a lot
of time over the last 4+ weeks quietly poking at the memory of this
radio. I also want to thank the members of the [chirp_devel] mailing
list that provided help in one way or another. You guys are a great
resourse.

Baofeng Tech must have liked the result, their website states "The
UV-50X3 is the first radio to exclusively only use CHIRP software for
programming."

To find out more about this radio you can visit...

UV-50X3 product detail page:
https://baofengtech.com/uv-50x3

Miklor.com UV-50X3 review:
http://www.miklor.com/COM/Review_50X3.php