[chirp_users] QYT8900 or Mini-8900

Pavel Milanes (CO7WT)
Mon Jul 11 09:29:08 PDT 2016

Hi Adrian,

The mini-8900 is troublesome with Chirp, it and all of it's variants
(JT6188Plus, JT2705M, etc) it can be put into work in windows but it
always fails on linux. It has a slightly different communication schema
that the others in the family.

We are working on a solution in an internal dev version, we have managed
to have it some way stable on windows but still failing on linux.

Chirp's developer here..

73 Pavel CO7WT

El 11/07/16 a las 12:10, Adrian Mundy escribió:

> Hi all.
>
> New to this group, but would appreciate some assistance please.
>
> I have used the latest software and can read, and probably write to a
> QTY 8900, but I am having problems with the Mini-8900 in that it
> sometimes it will not see the com port, and more often, will not enter
> into the clone mode of the radio. The cable is a purpose made
> commercial cable, and with the 2 radios side by side, I have made all
> the settings the same from what I can see.
>
> The settings are Waccom and mini-8900
>
> Am I missing something
>
> Kind regards
>
> Adrian Mundy