[chirp_users] offset precision

Adk Lover
Mon Feb 29 10:03:50 PST 2016

Hi Tom,
Yes, the shift is in the same direction as the offset in each case.  My firmware version is the same, BFB297.
I have used CHIRP to correct the frequencies and successfully written the image back to the radio without any problem, so I'll just use that method to set up new channels.
The reverse function has always shown the correct frequency for xmit, but that could just be rounded up or down from an incorrect stored value.

In any case, as long as CHIRP works for me, then I'm in good shape.  Hopefully it's not a widespread issue, maybe just something odd with my radio.
Thanks,
Ed

      From: Tom TA <tma.7ta at gmail.com>
 To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
 Sent: Monday, February 29, 2016 1:13 AM
 Subject: Re: [chirp_users] offset precision

Corrected typo regarding version number. Should be: BFB297

Greetings,

      The error of 110 Hz doesn't seem very significant but the 1,550 Hz
error could cause some operational problems. Do the two different error
levels relate to different shift directions?

      I recently programmed some channels into a UV-5R+ manually and read
the memory bank back with Chirp. There was no error in the offsets as
read by Chirp. However I cannot use menu 26 to check the offsets in
/Channel Mode/ as it always reports zero. I confirm the proper offset by
using the reverse function which displays the shift but of course with 1
KHz limited resolution.

      My firmware version is BFB297. I wonder what firmware version you
have? (Easy to determine by holding the #3 key pressed during power up.)

      I also wonder if there is a list of known problems with different
firmware versions posted somewhere?

73
Tom
VA7TA