[chirp_users] Chirp won't read CSV files correctly

Chris Nordstrom
Sat Feb 27 19:50:18 PST 2016

Dave,

I believe you about what Chirp is expecting, but when I run Chirp,
choose /*File/New*/ to create a new empty CSV file, then I save that
file, the resulting CSV file contains the extra commas at the end of the
row.  I use FileViewer to look at the raw text; this file has not been
touched by Excel, yet contains the same extra commas.

I already discovered that if I delete the unused columns in Excel and
re-import, the column number mismatch error is gone.

And I have to disagree-- the whole benefit of a program like this is to
be able to manipulate (change) some data in order to customize my memory
list, and I bet that's what most users are looking for.

Regards, Chris W7CFN