[chirp_users] Chirp won't read CSV files correctly

Chris Nordstrom
Sat Feb 27 10:17:04 PST 2016

Dave,

Yup, success!  When I put 88.5 in the */rToneFreq/* column (also used
67, I guess any valid tone freq) _/and/_ deleted column headers from any
column that contains no data _/and/_ entered the correct number of rows
in *Memory Range*---badda bing -- it works.

I also figured out that I cannot directly /*Upload*/ a CSV file to the
radio, it has to be an IMG file, which makes sense, but the method for
getting an IMG file is not obvious and with no documentation (that I
could find), eew!  So what I did was */Download/* from the radio, delete
all except the first row, save it as an "Empty" IMG file.  Next, I
*/Open/* that IMG file then /*Import*/ the CSV file containing the
memory channel data I want, and magically, it becomes an IMG file that I
can now /*Upload*/ to the radio.  Is this how it is supposed to work or
is there another way to do this? Does it work basically the same
regardless of the radio brand?

Attached is the CSV file that causes the Column number mismatch error.
The only difference between this file and the one that successfully
imports is that there*IS* column heading text in columns M, N, O, P and
Q, but there is no data in those columns.  When I removed the heading
text from just those columns, the problem goes away.

Thanks for your encouragement and ideas,

Regards, Chris W7CFN

P.S.  Is there no one working on some basic documentation? Perhaps I can
contribute something, it's been pretty painful for me.