[chirp_users] Chirp won't read CSV files correctly

Chris Nordstrom
Fri Feb 26 11:04:55 PST 2016

I have a KG-UV8D.  I can use Chirp to read from the radio, and save the
image and create a CSV file.  But if I modify the CSV file and then try
to open it from Chirp, I get various errors.  I was able to successfully
import 15 memories (plus the default 0 channel the Chirp creates --
don't know what this is), but when Chirp encounters the next line (16th
entry) in my CSV file if barfs and says "Mismatched column numbers line
17".

I can delete the first 15 rows in my CSV file and create a new series of
entries with the second half of my memory list, starting with Channel
16, and it works, until it gets to the 17th line, then issues the error
"Mismatched column numbers line 17".

Now, I'm certain that import/export has to be a very basic function so I
must be doing something wrong any help out there?

Chirp version (the only one I can find on the web site) :
chirp-daily-20160224-installer.exe
Windows 7
Microsoft Excel 2003

I also created an account on your the web site, but cannot login -- I
get the message login info invalid-- do I have to wait for an email
after creating an account?

Chris Nordstrom