[chirp_users] baofeng cable

Jim Unroe
Sat Feb 20 18:07:02 PST 2016

You are making this way harder than it needs to be. You don't need to
uninstall any drivers. It is better to leave the latest driver
installed. If it stays installed, there in no need for Windows to
download it.

What you do is download, install and then choose the v3.2.0.0 driver.
The miklor.com website has a guide for doing this. See steps 6 though
11.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

As you can see from the attached picture, I have 4 Prolific device
drivers installed. I can switch between any of them at will by using
Device Manager. By choosing the v3.2.0.0 driver I can use every
Prolific based programming cable that I have (genuine chip or not). By
choosing any of the newer drivers, I can determine if the Prolific
chip is genuine or not (if it stops working, it isn't genuine).