[chirp_users] PL Send and receive

James Pratt Jr.
Sat Feb 20 09:30:56 PST 2016

Thanks Jim I did the research and found out what I needed to do but I always appreciate help from a fellow ham

-------- Original message --------
From: Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
Date: 02/20/2016  06:24  (GMT-07:00)
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] PL Send and receive

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 9:20 PM, James Pratt <no8rf at cox.net> wrote:
> How do I set up PL’s in my radio for both send and receive, I what the same
> PL for send and receive on simplex freq 465.xxxx I can do this in my
> Motorola JT1000 why not in your chrip or am I missing something.
>

> James

Hi James,

The first thing that you should do is to click View and make sure that
"Hide unused fields" is enabled (it should be the default).

Now for all channels where you want the same TX and RX CTCSS tone do this...

Tone Mode = TSQL
ToneSql = {the CTCSS tone frequency}

If you want to learn what the CHIRP columns are and how they affect
one another, take a look at the guides linked to in section 6 of the
CHIRP page on the miklor.com website.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php#guides