[chirp_users] UV5R2 7 watt

Jim Unroe
Sun Feb 14 13:34:26 PST 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Chris Petry <chrispetry1971 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good evening all,
>
> Having some trouble using a UV5R with the software. It keeps saying I am
> choosing the wrong model.  Forgive me if this has been gone over before, I
> did not see it in my review of emails.
>
> Chris
> KM4PUR

Hi Chris,

If you are selecting UV-5R then you are choosing the wrong model.

BF-F8HP (in daily builds)
Also includes the BF-A58
Also includes the BF-F9V2+
Also includes the GT-3TP
Also includes the UV-5RTP
Also includes the UV-5R7W  <-- this is your radio

The above, cut-and-pasted from the "Supported Radio Models" list on
the CHIRP home/wiki page, is intended to show that these UV-5R
variants with 3 power levels all use the BF-F8HP model selection.