[chirp_users] Baofeng UV82L vs UV82

Jim Unroe
Sat Feb 13 13:51:35 PST 2016

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Mike Ligeza <mike.ligeza at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to program a Baofeng UV82L.
>
> I compiled a csv file with all the necessary parameters but if I try to
> import it I get a "UNKNOWN FORMAT" error message.
>
> If I open OPEN the file from within CHIRP and I select either UV82HP or
> UV82 format, none of the information is there.
>
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
>
> --
> Mike Ligeza - VE3UIL/VE3UIM
> Smiths Falls, ON
> mike.ligeza at gmail.com
>
>  From my Linux box running Ubuntu 15.10

Mike,

You can't just make a CSV formatted the way you want it. It needs to
be in a format that CHIRP understands. Export the channels from your
radio and then use that as a template for how it needs to be formatted
and for what the values should look like.

Another thing you could do is attach your CSV file so it could be
examined for errors.