[chirp_users] Chirp Linux command line

Bob Boehme
Tue Dec 27 07:25:33 PST 2016

They now sell a 7 inch display for the raspberry pi 3 that lets you bolt the pi to the back of the display. It’s a touch screen. Load Chirp and away you go. I take mine in my car on long trips.. get a 12 volt to 5 volts converter and you have a great portable programmer..

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Tony Hughes
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 3:35 AM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Chirp Linux command line

Finding some older info via Google but not sure what current status is. I program a lot of radios with Chirp. Sometimes dozens in a day.

I'd love to build a raspberry pi powered chirp programmer with a 2 line LCD and a few buttons. I can Do the hardware build and a Menu system easy enough. I just need to be able to run chirp and read / write images using the command line. Such a device would be the same size as a radio and yet be able to hold the few dozen different images I use on a regular basis.

Cheers

Tony

New Zealand.