[chirp_users] Wouxun KG UV8D deaf

Caglar AKGUNGOR
Sat Dec 3 02:22:06 PST 2016

Hello,

I have a Wouxun UV8D which I had programmed last year with an OEM cable with success.

Yesterday I have attempted to add some new channels. Everything seemed normal at a first glance

but then I have realized that the radio has no reception at all. The frequency, the channel name and

all other parameters can be seen on the screen and as far as I can see it transmits on both VHF and UHF

(checked with a scope) but no reception, anywhere.

I have seen on the net that other people had similar problems, their radios becoming deaf after programming.

Does anyone know what is the cause? And the cure?

Another problem I have noticed (which didn't happen last year during programming) is that my Mac (a Macbook air)

tend to freeze while using Chirp. Can it be something related to the latest build?

73,

Caglar

TA2UH