[chirp_users] FTDI good - not FTDI bad

Jim McCorison
Mon Aug 29 13:10:11 PDT 2016

For years I have used the Keyspan (now Tripplite) USA-19HS serial to USB adapter. It has always worked no matter the operating system or software being used. I have customers (I’m in the marine electronics business) who have bought cheapy knockoffs and can’t get their pc integration to work properly. I sell them a USA-19HS and without any other changes, other than the proper driver install, everything works just fine. While it is more expensive than a $5 Chinese clone, how much do you value your time and peace of mind. Is it really worth the frustration with something that is supposed to be an enjoyment just to save a few dollars?

73s,
Jim K2SON

---
Jim McCorison