[chirp_users] Downloading

Jim Unroe
Mon Aug 29 09:43:47 PDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 12:15 PM, lasomrak <lasomrak at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Trying to download from UV82 radio to chirp but computer or chirp won't
> recognize a port screen  shows error 2,any suggestions.  Thanks.

My guess is that your programming cable has an unauthorized copy of a
Prolific type USB-to-TTL chip. The driver auto installed by Windows is
intentionally incompatible with counterfeit Prolific chips.

There are a few way around this issue.

1. Download, install and select the older but compatible Prolific
v3.2.0.0 driver
http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

2. Replace your programming cable with one having a different chip.
FTDI chip based programming cables are popular. Here is one example
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HUB0ONK

3. Convert your programming cable to use a different chip
http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ProgrCable.php