[chirp_users] Wouxun KG-UV8E

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Sun Aug 21 00:20:19 PDT 2016

I'm leaving a lot out? It's all in there but perhaps it's difficult to see
if you don't carefully read.  I didn't give a running explanation because
most here can follow what's been done by the terminal history.

I posted this:

chirpw --version
CHIRP daily-20160802 on Linux laptop 4.7.0-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 8
22:24:23 CEST 2016 i686 (Python 2.7.12)

That gives you the daily build I'm using, the operating system and python
version.

There is no dialout group on my system, I've shown which owner and groups
own the USB port I'm using:

dmesg tail reveals that the Wouxun programmiing cable is using
/dev/tty/USB0 which is owned by root and group uucp.

So I added uucp to my user's groups.

 ls /dev/ttyUSB0 -l
crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 188, 0 Aug 19 14:09 /dev/ttyUSB0

[djringjr at laptop ~]$ groups