[chirp_users] UV-6R driver issue

Jim Unroe
Thu Aug 18 17:38:42 PDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 5:03 PM, stephen johnston
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> i just tried the latest "daily",
>
> i imported some channels from my UV82 - most stuff seems o.k.
>
> but it does not appear to be uploading the shift direction, or frequency
> offsets to the radio.
> i see them in the tab i imported them into (and saved) but they are not
> showing in the radio after upload.

They work for me here. Repeater channels in these radios do not use
shift direction or offset. They aren't needed since the radio is
directly programmed with the RX frequency and TX frequency. The upper
status display ares show a "+-" to indicate that the RX and TX
frequency are different.

> also, maybe not a bug, but is the alpha-tag on the UV-6R supposed to be 6
> characters instead 7?
> if not then it's also not uploading the complete channel name field - only
> the first 6 characters.

Unlike the UV-5R, this radio apparently only supports 6 characters.
That's too back since it allows a 7 character power-on message. I will
fix it so CHIRP only lets you enter 6 characters.