[chirp_users] Chirp not included in Ubuntu 16.04 updates

Jim Unroe
Thu Aug 18 02:31:38 PDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 1:30 AM, Wenlock Burton
<wenlock.burton at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Seems Chirp updates are not being included in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.  I've had no updates to Chirp since upgrading to 16.04 two weeks ago
>
> Wenlock

Not out-of-the-box. You must add the "chirp-snapshots" repository as
shown on the CHIRP download page

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Download

and/or the "Running_Under_Linux" page.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Running_Under_Linux

Every morning on the day a daily build is released, I get notified by
the Linux Mint 17.3 Update Manager. Looks like Update Manager is
showing me there was a new build released last night.