[chirp_users] General: Updating CHIRP

Dan Smith
Thu Aug 11 12:40:42 PDT 2016

> My rule of thumb for when to upgrade is...
> 1 when a bug that affects you has been fixed
> 2 when a feature that you want has been added
> 3 when you get a new radio

Yep, this is a good checklist. I would add:

4. When you are bored

Otherwise, the above list stands :)

> I subscribed to the developer mailing list and whenever there is a new
> build, I get an email sent to me letting me know of the new build and
> what the changes are (new radio support, bug fixes, added features,
> etc).

Just to be clear, the users list (this list) is the one that gets the
build reports, with a changelog of what changed (and only what changed)
in it. Users should generally not subscribe to the developer's list
unless they like reading code :)

--Dan