[chirp_users] Updating Chirp for the UV-82HP

Jim Unroe
Sat Aug 6 14:10:18 PDT 2016

On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Bruce LeGrande <kb6lwn at gmail.com> wrote:

> And I thought v0.4.0 was ancient...  lol
> I am still receiving the SAME error with v0.4.1
> I have downloaded chirp-daily-20160802.tar.gz
> Sitting in '~/.install' directory
> Next step please ?  <=====

v0.4.0 and v0.4.1 are ancient. Over 3 years old. You must not use the
repo that comes in Ubuntu. You must uninstall that CHIRP. Add the
snapshot repo on the CHIRP website as shown on the download page. Then
get the latest daily build installed (those are the "official" builds
now).