[chirp_users] UV-82, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, can't connect...

David Buss
Sat Aug 6 06:13:22 PDT 2016

Double check your cable driver. "Genuine Baofeng" is still a prolific clone. Will need to be driver version 3.2.2.0

-----Original Message-----
From: David McGuire <leviticus25_9 at hotmail.com>
To: "chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Sat, 06 Aug 2016 8:07
Subject: [chirp_users] UV-82, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, can't connect...

Hello.  I need some help with getting my UV-82 to talk with my laptop.  I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Chirp.

It had been working prior to the upgrade to 16.04.  Don't know what happened.

Here is the message I receive: Failed to communicate with radio: 'Serial' object has no attribute 'setTimeout'.

Here are my settings for the radio:

- Port: /dev/ttyUSB0

- Vendor: Baofeng

- Model: UV-82

I am using a genuine Baofeng USB cable.

This was working very nicely, so I am sure it is a setting someplace.

Any help is appreciated.

73 de David AE4LH