[chirp_users] Leixen VV-898

Marc Fuller
Thu Apr 28 01:05:14 PDT 2016

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with two Leixen VV-898's. One is version 1.03 and one is v1.04. The v1.03 was programmed by me about 4 months ago and worked perfectly.

A friend purchased a new one for his truck and asked me to program it. But I'm getting an error when I try to read the radio. I am getting "Failed to download from radio: Radio refused program mode".

So, I then tried my one that I was able to program 4 months ago, and I get the same error.

I am using todays chirp build.. same programming cable (and the cable driver is fine).

Any help appreciated

Marc