[chirp_users] chirp-daily-20160419-win32: why does it insist on certain defaults?

kc6iih at aol.com
Wed Apr 27 18:58:24 PDT 2016

I have never had a problem using CHIRP.
Although I would like to print out the settings.
I also have not had any problem with RT SYSTEMS software.
I guess you have to be like the point of a pencil rather than the eraser.

Jock Soutar    KC6IIH
Sent via  Samsung Galaxy S7
on  AT&T  4G LTE Smartphone

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 Tom Hayward <tom at tomh.us> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 5:07 AM, Rich Messeder <rich.messeder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could also be that the instructions are not that clear, and don't cover all the bases. I have yet to find in the instructions the so-valuable nuggets revealed here. 'Course, I'm about only half through all the docs I can find. Still, I was up and running with the RT Systems program in a few minutes on my Icom, and I have now spent hours on CHIRP, and not done yet.

Let's compare apples to apples here: how long did it take to edit a
channel on the Icom with Chirp? Icom's are admittedly much more user
friendly than the UV5R, and Chirp's UI was designed around Icom's
programming paradigm. For example, like Chirp, Icoms actually have a
Tone Mode setting, whereas the UV5R can only stores tones or no
tones--there's no "mode" setting to turn them on and off.

Tom