[chirp_users] chirp-daily-20160419-win32: Properties => Smart Tone Modes?

Jim Unroe
Wed Apr 27 15:08:15 PDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 7:44 AM, Rich Messeder <rich.messeder at gmail.com> wrote:
> You never had an issue because you understood CHIRP ;-) I was able to change all my power settings to LOW, and, encouraged by that, I attempted to do some more block changes. But I didn't know about the Rx|Tx == 0 feature of the UV-5, and how CHIRP handled that, so I blithely changed a bunch of frequencies, only to find that CHIRP changed them back to 88.5. Why 88.5 instead of another freq is a question, but I suppose that it had to be something. Oh, wait, maybe not. If the real value is 0.0 for the CTCSS, why not make it that?
>
> But I /am/ learning, and making notes. Were it not for the ready replies here, I'd still be thinking of taking a hammer to CHIRP.
>
> ~R~ NE1EE

CHIRP sets the columns back to the default, but it doesn't matter.

When Tone Mode = Tone. Only the value in the Tone column matters. The
rest of the columns pertaining to selective squelch (ToneSql, DTCS
Code, DTCS Rx Code, DTCS Pol, and Cross Mode) are ignored. Leave them
at the default values. They are ignored and won't affect anything.
That is why here is an option to "hide" unused fields.

The "CHIRP Reference and Guide" on miklor.com shows which columns are
required by each Tone Mode.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php#guides