[chirp_users] Using CHIRP with Kenwood TH-F6A

Jeff
Tue Apr 26 17:14:44 PDT 2016

I use Chirp with an F6A (and a couple Chinese radios) and unlike the others, the Kenwood operates in "live mode." Whether this is a feature or a handicap is debatable imo.

-------- Original Message --------
From: John <k2lra at cox.net>
Sent: April 26, 2016 5:22:53 PM MDT
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Using CHIRP with Kenwood TH-F6A

On 4/25/2016 9:26 PM, Jim Unroe wrote:
[snip]

> I was heading out the door or I would have looked it up and included
> it. I have a TH-F6a here too.
>
> Glad to hear that you got it working.
>
> Jim KC9HI

Well... I got a LOT farther than I was able to before.  Someone
else mentioned that the TH-F6A only operates in "live" mode, i.e.
you can't clone the radio, edit the configuration, and then
download it back to the radio.  That appears to be correct also.
That seems to me to be unfortunate, but it is perhaps a limitation
of the radio itself and not of CHIRP.