[chirp_users] B tech UV-5001

John LaMartina
Tue Apr 26 12:29:05 PDT 2016

The pin diagrams shown at http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Technical.php

   show the pin outs of the most common connectors.

The FTDI cable for the UV5001 is located on Amazon as a PC04.

John

http://www.miklor.com

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of (702) 290-3209
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 2:30 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: [chirp_users] B tech UV-5001

I just purchased one of these and later realized it uses a different programming cable (sort of) than the uv82 /uv5 series. I have the genuine FTDI cable that doesn't require old drivers, but it's the current Baofeng 2 pin. You CAN actually plug in the 3mm size pin into the UV-5001 radio, but will that actually work? Which pin actually does the data transmit and receive (the large, small, or both? )? At the most, an adapter pig tail should allow me to use my current cable and not have to buy a dedicated cable right? I see programming cables listed on Amazon.com that come with several pig tails for all the different common radio's, but they are the crappy kinds that you have to roll back drivers for (not interested, I'd rather buy the FTDI cable dedicated to the UV mobile series).