[chirp_users] chirp-daily-20160419-win32: why does it insist on certain defaults?

kc6iih at aol.com
Mon Apr 25 15:18:09 PDT 2016

I don't have any problems between Windows 10 and Chirp.
It could be that some people don't read the instructions.

Jock Soutar    KC6IIH
Sent via  Samsung Galaxy S7
on  AT&T  4G LTE Smartphone

On Monday, April 25, 2016 Alexander Grotewohl <alexm0n at gmail.com> wrote:

Yeah the Windows version is a bit qwerky. For example, clicking four times to change a dropdown box gets old. Works though.. just more work than it should be. I don't recall if there's an undo option, but perhaps that'd be better than keeping the setting of each field until you press enter (or escape as the case may be)

On Apr 25, 2016 5:09 PM, "Jim Unroe" <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Rich Messeder <rich.messeder at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that though I can makes changes when I have unchecked Smart Tone Mode, CHIRP still either does not save what I see on the screen, or it corrupts the file that I saved when it reads it the next time. I consider a file corrupted when some of it is changed by a program, and I did not want that change. It seems in consistent to permit the changes and saves, then change the data the next time the file is read.
>
> ~R~

Rich,

When using CHIRP with Windows, once you click the tone to choose the
frequency that you want, you have to click on another cell or press
the [Enter] key to actually make the selection permanent. Up until
that point you can press [Escape] or click [Refresh] and nothing will
have changed.

This above isn't necessary with Linux and I assume the same with Mac OS X.