[chirp_users] chirp-daily-20160419-win32: why does it insist on certain defaults?

Jim Unroe
Mon Apr 25 14:09:03 PDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Rich Messeder <rich.messeder at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that though I can makes changes when I have unchecked Smart Tone Mode, CHIRP still either does not save what I see on the screen, or it corrupts the file that I saved when it reads it the next time. I consider a file corrupted when some of it is changed by a program, and I did not want that change. It seems in consistent to permit the changes and saves, then change the data the next time the file is read.
>
> ~R~

Rich,

When using CHIRP with Windows, once you click the tone to choose the
frequency that you want, you have to click on another cell or press
the [Enter] key to actually make the selection permanent. Up until
that point you can press [Escape] or click [Refresh] and nothing will
have changed.

This above isn't necessary with Linux and I assume the same with Mac OS X.