[chirp_users] Chirp for Mac

Tom Hayward
Fri Apr 22 10:51:29 PDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Christopher Langley
<mahopacfire2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to download from radio reference on Chrip and i keep receiving an error message. I do have a login for the site that is active. It asks for me to try downloading the python pkg which i already have done. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

I apologize for this because it's not the most user-friendly solution.
I'm guessing you downloaded the python package and installed it to
your system's default Python. This is actually not the Python used by
Chirp--Chirp uses a build of Python bundled in the KK7DS runtime.

There's a bug report with some suggestions of how to install the suds
package to the KK7DS runtime Python:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/209#note-1

Of those, this'll be the easiest option:
sudo pip install --install-option="--prefix=/opt/kk7ds" suds

Tom KD7LXL