[chirp_users] Chirp Daily / Ubuntu Xenial 16.04

Bob Burkett
Mon Apr 18 19:34:13 PDT 2016

Dan,

I manually removed Chirp using the Ubuntu Software function and then re-ran
the "sudo apt-get install chirp-daily" command and installed the update
with no issue!

Thanks very much for your help!!

Best regards,
Bob KF3BY

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:

> > Looks like there is still an error.
>
> It looks like it's working to me.
>
> > Unpacking chirp-daily (20160415~xenial~1) ...
> > dpkg: error processing archive
> > /var/cache/apt/archives/chirp-daily_20160415~xenial~1_amd64.deb
> (--unpack):
> >  trying to overwrite '/usr/bin/chirpw', which is also in package chirp
> > 1:20160110-1
> > E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>
> You need to uninstall the chirp package before installing chirp-daily.
> Apt should be doing this for you, but I don't know why it's not.
>
> --Dan

[image: Weather Underground PWS KPASUMME3]
<http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KPASUMME3>