[chirp_users] ARM Distribution?

Knight, Dave
Thu Apr 7 16:53:37 PDT 2016

Yes.

   dpkg -l chirp

tells me:

||/ Name               Version        Architecture   Description
+++-==================-==============-==============-=========================================
ii  chirp              0.1.12-1       armhf          Configuration tool for
amateur radios

chirpw  --version says:

  CHIRP daily-20160201 on Linux - Raspbian GNU/Linux 7 (Python 2.7.3)

On one of my Linux laptops, chirpw --version reveals:

  CHIRP 0.3.1 on Linux - Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS (Python 2.7.6)

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:

> > DItto.  I just installed CHIRP on my Pi-2 (OS=raspbian/wheezy) by
> running:
> >
> >    sudo apt-get install chirp
> >
> > and it works perfectly with my Boafeng UV-5R.
>
> Just so you know, the chirp package you're getting is beyond ancient.
> Like, crusty petrified old :)
>
> If you're not installing chirp-daily from the PPA, or installing from
> the tarball, then you're probably getting 0.3.x or 0.4.x which is...OLD. :)
>
> --Dan

The "Safe in Church" deception: believing that calling some building a
"sanctuary" will magically deter criminal violence is a dangerous delusion!

The "Gun-Free Zone" deception: believing that a "No Guns" policy or sign
will deter criminal violence is "magical thinking" in its most dangerous
form!

In your time of need, may your piece be with you!