[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-82

Lee Houde
Wed Apr 6 09:49:24 PDT 2016

Another hint - I seldom have need to dual transmit, so in CHIRP I set band
A to NAME and band B to FREQUENCY. Then when using the radio I tune both
bands to the same channel (the channel number is displayed in small numbers
at the extreme right of the display at all times when you are in channel
mode). That way I can see both the name and the frequency of the channel I
am on and don't have to worry whether I am pressing the upper or lower
transmit key as both bands are set to the same channel. Not quite as good
as a synchronized display but a good work around.