[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-82

Tim Billingsley
Wed Apr 6 05:10:37 PDT 2016

This is pretty sad and maybe a little off topic but ....

How do you get these things to go into "Name" mode?

I picked up a pair of these to have on hand when my YL and I go on a trip
and I CANNOT get them to go into anything but VFO mode. I have them set to
"Name" mode in the chirp settings and have tried changing them to Name mode
in the menu of the radio and they will not change to anything but VFO.

What am I missing? Please enlighten me before I return them.