[chirp_users] Request for assistance -- Ubuntu and daily build

gplayle
Sun Sep 27 14:51:21 PDT 2015

Folks:
     I'm a bit puzzled.  I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.  I followed
instructions for adding the repositories and pulling and installing
CHIRP (which is a very nice bit of work).  But I am unable to install
the daily builds.
     Here are the errors I receive:

sudo apt-get install chirp-daily

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
   chirp-daily
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/329 kB of archives.
After this operation, 2,418 kB of additional disk space will be used.
(Reading database ... 221002 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../chirp-daily_20150814~trusty~1_i386.deb ...
Unpacking chirp-daily (20150814~trusty~1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/chirp-daily_20150814~trusty~1_i386.deb (--unpack):
  trying to overwrite '/usr/share/chirp/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/CHIRP.mo', which is also in package chirp 0.4.1-1.0~kamal~trusty
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
  /var/cache/apt/archives/chirp-daily_20150814~trusty~1_i386.deb

     I went to the directory specified and removed the file, allowing
the next installation to write whatever it wanted.  I got the same error.
     What am I doing incorrectly?

     Reason for the question:  Wouxun KG-UV2D is supported on the "home"
page, but not listed in the radios of the version of CHIRP (0.4.1) I
currently have.  I would like to fix this.
     I spent most of the last two days finding out what is and is not
supported for the Baofeng (Pofung) UV-3R, which I know is an older
model.  I was working from *.csv files.  I offer that information if
someone wishes it.
Thank you in advance.
Respectfully
Greg