[chirp_users] COM 5

Michael Brazier
Mon Sep 21 07:14:54 PDT 2015

Thanks John.

Can’t see anything there for “Incorrect Model”.

Kind regards,

Mick.

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of John LaMartina
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 11:40 PM
To: 'Discussion of CHIRP'
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] COM 5

Rick, That’s a common error message. The possible causes can be found at http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php
Hope this helps…

John   - http://www.miklor.com

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of slynchmob at aol.com
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 7:37 AM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com

Name is Steve an glad it help

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Brazier <mikeb1951 at optusnet.com.au>
To: 'Discussion of CHIRP' <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Sun, Sep 20, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi (Sorry I couldn’t see a name on the email).

Thanks for your help Mate.  It has solved that issue and Chirp cloned my radio without any problem (had to change from COM 5 to 4).  Now I plug the UV-5RTP in and it goes to start to upload but then I get "An error has occurred - Radio did not respond.  Something in my brain is telling me I should be doing something else to prepare the radio but since my stroke the brain doesn't always work that well.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mick.